Thursday, December 7, 2006

The Thursday Thirteen

Okay, I guess I gotta have a Thursday Thirteen in here, and I wanna stick to the theme, so 13 places I'd like to visit on my trek to L.a. in no particular order:

13. The Alamo: The Texan Masada! Ho can I drive right by and NOT stop off and see the Alamo, and of course, ask if I can see the basement *Pee Wee HehHA!*

12. The Budweiser Brewery, Jacksonville, Fl.: Its a self guided tour through the world of beer, followed by free beer samples at the end.......Don't they know people have to DRIVE to this place??????

11. Wayne and Robins House: Okay, Pulled pork BBQ, good friends, and an old chevelle, where do I sign up????

10. Roswell, NM: I still don't know if I'm gonna go out of my way to see a small crater, a Bar made outta a doublewide, and the worlds Cheesiest Alien museum, but dern, its sounds tempting!

9. Chuy's in Houston: Getup and her BF said go to Chuy's....in fact, we'll come along if ya do! Okay Creamy Jalapeno dip and Aliens on the roof? I'm There!

8. The Petersen Museum, Los Angeles: Okay, once I get settled in I have to go to the Petersen, one of the best car collections in the U.S. and it also has touring car exhibits as well.....can anyone say Annual Membership?????

7. Soulaz's House: Cool! Hanging out with Soulaz AND Stiney! WOOOOO! Party!

6. San Antonio Riverwalk: Okay, Dork that I am, I really wanna see the riverwalk cause I saw it once on Knight Rider.

5. Caddyshack, St. Augustine, Fl.: Bill Murray's place. I don't wanna eat there, but I bet the got some neat memorabilia and shirts and stuff!

4. Dicks Last Resort, San Antonio, TX: They have one in San Diego and Boston and Dallas to. The neat thing about Dicks? The wait staff is rude on purpose! Its fun if ya know this, but its more fun watching people who DON'T know this lil tidbit of info!

3. Bourbon Street, New Orleans: Now, i dunno if I'll have time to see it, and lord knows after Katrina, it may never be what it was, but I never seen it and what the hey, If I have time, I'll roll by!

2. The Mexican Border: I go right past it around El Paso, TX. BTW, there is a border patrol museum there as well. I've been at the Canadian border, but I hear this one is a lil different than that! (HA!)

1. The Flora-Bama: Heck, Why not. Its a piece of SP history!

4 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

My brother lives in San Antonio...

Dicks there is a BLAST.. and right on the Riverwalk, so killing two birds with one stone...

Umm.. FYI.. THE ALAMO.. very tiny...I was a little disillusioned!

hey.. gotta go through memphis? Stop on it..

Travis Cody said...

The Alamo - it always seems that it should be bigger somehow. But it is certainly hallowed ground and I've always felt something profound about standing there.

This is a great list of places to visit - hope you get a chance to stop at some.

Coco said...

This was a great idea for a TT, Bento. Enjoyed it very much. Sounds like a fun trip.

Amanda said...

Bento! I loved this TT..bad news tho honey, FloraBama is closed cuz of hurricane and won't be open b4 u leave for Cali :(
~Am~