Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Thursday Thirteen for 12/14/06: Things to do in Cali when your dead!

Okay, its time for the Thursday Thirteen and since I wanna stay on theme, this week is 13 things I wanna see once I'm settled in Cali! So in no particular order:

13: The Donut Hole, La Punte, Ca.: Yes, Californians love their donuts almost as much as Canadians do, and yes, L.a. has ALOT of giant donuts *Randy's and Kendall's come to mind* but only one you can actually DRIVE THRU! Yes, built in 1958, The Donut Hole is a giant donut you drive thru to get your order. I'll just order coffee, watching my weight an all, and I'll be sure to avoid hitting a giant sprinkle (actually, the donut is a plain donut, so your giant sprinkle safe!)

12: Disneyland/California Experience. Anaheim, Ca: Living next to Disneyworld all these years makes you spoiled. Its is so easy to just zip down to the park and have fun all day, and it makes other parks around the country look kinda lame, but I am very excited to see the original. I wanna know how much of Walt is still in it. (And I heard a rumor a certain Beautiful SPer can get me in for free! and I'm not even a member of LiMBO! Maybe if I'm nice to her, she'll take me!)

11: San Diego Comic Con, San Diego, Ca: This is the BIGGEST comic convention in the nation, and its goes so beyond comic books to TV shows, movies and all things GEEK! I have wanted to go for years and now I have the chance! WOOOOOO!

10: The Nethercutt Collection, Sylmar,Ca: Its a house full of antique cars, Mechanical Musical Instruments and Antique furniture. Sounds Like I could really get into just wandering around in there for awhile!

9: Hearst Castle, San Simeon, Ca: William Randolph Hearst built this huge castle which is now a state park. Beautiful building and surrounding gardens. Always have wanted to see it!

8: Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, Ca: Okay, I know San Fran is not exactly close to L.a., but I have always wanted to see it and I'll be closer than I've ever been before. So get the walking cocktails ready, Bento is coming soon!

7: Knotts Berry Farm, Buena Park, Ca: Even though I have been spoiled by Disney, this place has always looked like fun! And I hear they have awesome Fried chicken. need to check this place out

6: The Getty Center, Los Angeles, Ca.: Went past the Getty on the way to Santa Monica and saw the tram that takes you to the center itself, which is on the top of a mountain. The Getty is a very unique art museum, they also have rotating and touring exhibits as well, and of course, the tram ride to the top is worth it alone!

5: The Queen Mary, Long Beach, Ca.: One of the great old ships of the cunard line back when ships were used as transportation, not just cruising. Also right next door is a Russian sub!

4: Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles, Ca.: In Griffith park, the observatory was opened in 1935, was in "rebel without a cause" and I've always wanted to see it!

3: Alpine Village, Torance, Ca.: Ahhhh, the German in me wants to check this out, get some sausage and German pastries and heck, maybe some lederhosen! Gemutlichkiet!

2: The Tonight Show, Burbank, Ca.: AHHH, Jay. I really wanna see the Tonight Show live. Hey, maybe Taylor will be a guest! that would rock!

1: The Petersen, Los Angeles, Ca.: See last weeks 13! Its gonna rock!

2 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

excellent list Bento...excellent

SexyHandsLady said...

Hi Bento,

You should check out the Cabazon Dinosaurs on the 10 Freeway just West of Palm Springs. It is a bit strange to be driving along and suddenly see them in the middle of the desert.