Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm here

So, after a long 5 day car trip which included a Border Patrol stop, lots of sand, Rattlesnake warnings and snow, yes snow, I finally made it to Los Angeles. Got my lease signed and moved myself into my lil apartment. Here are some small observations I have made so far:

1. Its hard to be hip and fashionable in the cold! I watch as guys are still walking around in Flip Flops and jeans in 36 degree weather cause they don't know whats hip in winter wear until someone takes a pic of Ashton or Brad in the snow! Quick, someone pass the info along before a struggling actor looses a toe to frostbite!

2. Basic Spanish is a must around here, apparently. I figured I could get away with it like the officers on cops do cause they just get an officer that is Bilingual. Also Thai and Japanese will help.

3. For a town big on being healthy, they sure do like their chili on stuff. I like chili to, but I actually saw a breakfast sammich with chili. I think L.a. eats more chili than any city in Texas

4. I like that I can walk everywhere..........grocery store, 99 cent store, Home Depot, I can walk to them all. Now, if the bank was in walking distance I'd be set

Okay, I promise to send pics soon of my place and the great view from the roof and my windows! Until then, stay cool everyone!

9 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad you're safe Bento! I learned how to link and you're over at my place now!

Travis Cody said...

And so begins the next phase of the grand adventure.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Glad you got there safe... now..pictures pictures pictures... hehehe

Hey and let me know about the RVL in B'Ham... any room for a COUCH?

LOL

Piacere said...

Just have one question...ARE YOU STAYING WARM?????

Love ya, Bento Baby!!!

Diane said...

Hey Bento,

Just wanted to say hi, and let you know how much I am enjoying your blog. Have a great time in California!

Hop said...

Hey Bento,

Just wanted to say I had fun reading about your move. Can't wait to see the pictures! Good Luck in LA!

Angell said...

Hey Bento!

Thought that since we were intro'd in FBB last week that I'd stop on by to see what you're all about.

Glad to hear that the move went smoothly. Keep us posted on what La la land is really like.

Anndi said...

Happy Valentine's Day Buddy!

My love quote for you:

Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it sight,
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.

~ Romeo, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare ~

Maryfly said...

BENTO! where ya been hon? miss you! see you in Bham!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO