Monday, November 27, 2006

My contacts on the West Side

So I have a few people helping me and my move on the west coast. First, My friend, Shawna, who is helping me get a place out there. Her help has been invaluable and I hope she knows how much I appreciate what she is doing since she is mega busy herself.
Next is Michael Uva, the author of the Grip Book, the Bible on gripping. I have been emailing and calling him about Grip gigs and he has given me advice as well as many leads and a shot at working for him as well. I just gotta pass the audsition.....Yes, like actors, grips gotta show what they can do before they get on a gig. He is also helping me get into the Union. His help has been invaluable as well. Looks like things are starting to come together Gang. I'll keep ya updated on that as well as the Video shoot, which is wrapping up on Saturday, and the Movie, Dead red Rose, which has been rescheduled AGAIN, but the DP wants to do it right, and well, what the DP wants..............

6 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Great news Bento. Networking is the key.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

B:

Fraternity brother of mine is an AD out there. He works a lot with Brett Ratner..(all the Rush Hours, X-Men, Two For The Money )

When you get a resume together, let me know, I can forward to him...

amynoroom said...

Yay, Bento! I'm thrilled to see you are moving in the direction you dream about!!!

Coco said...

So proud of you, Bento. Not many people chase their dream until they achieve it. Congratulations.

Maryfly said...

Bento Baby!! I found you!! best of luck to ya, will watch for more updates.

Anndi said...

Follow your dream Bento.. follow all your dreams!